Phoenix Pride introduces: Phoenix Pride Creative from September 15, 2017 – November 5, 2017. A new initiative by Phoenix Pride to engage and promote the creative talent within the Arizona LGBTQ community. Phoenix Pride’s intent is to develop and cultivate support systems for artists who address complex issues facing the LGBTQ community.
The Phoenix Pride Creative is seeking original artwork to convey a message that brings recognition to achievements, attention to struggles, challenges, and expression of individual experiences within the LGBTQ community. Through this competition, artists can support the LGBTQ community and have their artwork recognized among Phoenix Pride’s events with more than 37,000 attendees. We want to encourage the artists to take into consideration how to adequately represent the LGBTQ community in a creative, bold and fun way. One crucial factor to keep in mind; be respectful to what it stands for.
Submissions must have one theme and a corresponding banner and logo. The fee of $25.00 and files can be submitted via the website (www.phoenixpride.org/ppc), limit of 1 submission per fee with a maximum of 3 per person. 100% of the proceeds of the submission fee go to the Phoenix Pride Scholarship Fund.
LGBTQ community members and allies from the state of Arizona are called upon to make submissions to be showcased as the 2018 main events theme, logo and headline banner. We encourage entries from all types of artists — who reside in the state of Arizona — regardless of where.
Artists are required to submit their proposed theme and banner on or before the deadline of November 5, 2017 by 11:59pm (PST). No late submissions will be accepted
The First-place winner will have their theme and banner utilized for all main events in 2018 hosted by Phoenix Pride. This includes putting the winning selection in publications, marketing and advertisements for the entire year. A few of the main events that the winner will be showcased in are as follows:
- Phoenix Pride Festival
- Phoenix Pride Parade
- Rainbows Festival
- Community Spirit Awards Ceremony
Additionally, the first-place winner will also be entitled to:
- Artwork stamped with Artist name
- Presented by Miss and Mister Phoenix Pride at 2018 Pride Opening Ceremony in April
- Complimentary table setup in the Artists tent at the Phoenix Pride Festival in April
- Two VIP tickets to Phoenix Pride Festival
- VIP entry in the Phoenix Pride Parade
- Event logo displayed on the Grand Marshal float for the parade
- Meet, greet and photos with your choice of one of the Phoenix Pride Festival headliners
- Banner, logo and biography of the winning Artist on the Phoenix Pride website for the entire year
- Second and third place winners along with honorable mentions will also be listed for the entire year
- The top three winning artists will be announced via Social Media and in a Press Release
Important Dates for Participating Artists.
Call for Artist opens.
Sep 15, 2017 at 12:00am (PST)
Deadline for submissions.
Nov 5, 2017 at 11:59pm (PST)
Final decision posted online.
Dec 01, 2017
Note that this does not replace the organization logo in any way, but instead is strictly for main events that Phoenix Pride hosts annually.
All work must be submitted electronically. Phoenix Pride will not accept any other forms of work other than digital as described above.