phxPRIDE has initiated a Request for Proposals (RFP) process to identify a qualified consultant to guide and execute a strategic planning process with our Board of Directors and staff to produce a three- to five-year strategic plan.
phxPRIDE seeks a consultant who demonstrates strong understanding in nonprofit structure and operations, excellent facilitation skills and proven experience with nonprofit strategic planning.
Phoenix Pride unites, educates, and engages people to support and empower the LGBTQ+ community and our allies.
Phoenix Pride envisions a unified community where diverse individuals are celebrated and able to thrive as their authentic selves.
- This stage requires the consultant to research and report the following in preparation for the strategic planning process. Items to be considered include:
- Review organization’s history and overall organizational assessment through SWOT, followed by a gap analysis to evaluate opportunities and/or challenges;
- Conduct an environmental scan benchmarking the organization in alignment with other LGBTQ+ organizations with a similar focus, regionally and nationally;
- Conduct interviews, surveys, and focus group polling to receive partner, stakeholder, and community input (should include but not be limited to current, past, and potential funders);
- Assess the current and future direction of the field.
An executive summary and a comprehensive plan that identifies:
- Shared Mission and Vision
- Proposed priorities, innovative strategies, synergistic approaches, etc.
- SMART (specific, measurable, achievable, realistic, and time-limited) Goals
- Opportunities for including staff, leadership, and the Board (e.g., staff retreats, Board retreat, leadership strategic planning meetings, etc.)
- Objectives and tactics
- Early action items to demonstrate progress, create momentum and buy-in
- Listing of responsible parties and roles
- Metrics and measurable outcomes
- Communication strategies
This stage requires the consultant to provide oversight of the implementation and evaluation process. This process should include:
- Follow-up sessions with nonprofit leadership to gauge the progress of the implementation at 3- and 6-month points after plan delivery
- Continued identification of early action items
- Review of metrics to determine effectiveness of implementation
Scope of Work
phxPRIDE envisions the scope of work to be completed in three stages. Work completed in each of the stages must be summarized in a report to the Board of Directors and staff of phxPRIDE. We expect that the work will be completed by December 2022.
The project is expected to include the design and execution of a strategic planning process that meets the criteria outlined in this RFP, including project management, facilitation, budget for implementation, and support structure for plan implementation. The three to five-year strategic plan is targeted for 2023-2027.